FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) issues CVM Updates on topics of interest to our stakeholders. These brief news releases provide the public with relevant and timely information about FDA and animal health. You can receive CVM Updates by subscribing to our automated e-mail distribution list. Please click on the link below for instructions on how to subscribe.
- May 14, 2019 - FDA Announces Public Meeting on Alternative Approaches in Clinical Investigations for New Animal Drugs
- April 30, 2019 - FDA Withdraws Outdated Compliance Policy Guides on Use of Certain Animal-Derived Materials in Animal Food
- April 3, 2019 - FDA Posts Adverse Event Report Data for Animal Drugs and Devices Used in Animals to Increase Transparency
- April 1, 2019 - FDA Approves PROIN ER Tablets for Controlling Urinary Incontinence in Dogs
- April 1, 2019 - FDA Announces Funding Opportunity to Help Define Durations of Use for Certain Medically Important Antimicrobial Drugs for Food Animals
- March 27, 2019 - FDA Issues Revised Question & Answer Draft Guidance on Veterinary Feed Directive Regulation
- March 21, 2019 - FDA Announces New Date for Webinar on Genome Editing in Animals
- March 20, 2019 - Resources for Animal Food Producers in Flooded Central & Southern Plains of U.S.
- March 20, 2019 - New Certification Bodies Accredited Under FDA’s Third-Party Program
- February 27, 2019 - Schell returns to FDA to lead Surveillance and Compliance for CVM
- February 25, 2019 - FDA Outlines Multi-Layer Approach to Making Sure that Food Imports Are Safe
- February 19, 2019 - FDA Provides Update on Investigation into Potential Connection Between Certain Diets and Cases of Canine Heart Disease
- February 8, 2019 - FDA Announces Second Approved Insulin for Use in Dogs with Diabetes