- Consumers should continue to use broad spectrum sunscreens with SPF values of at least 15 and other protective measures as directed.
- Unfortunately, when faced with a serious health issue, even the most rational person can be led to believe implausible claims.
- FDA is continuing to provide support and training on the requirements of the Produce Safety Rule.
News & Events
- February 21, 2019 - Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on additional steps by the agency to support the development of safe and effective novel nicotine replacement therapies to help smokers quit cigarettes
- February 21, 2019 - FDA advances new proposed regulation to make sure that sunscreens are safe and effective
- February 19, 2019 - Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., and Director of FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research Peter Marks, M.D., Ph.D., cautioning consumers against receiving young donor plasma infusions that are promoted as unproven treatment for varying conditions
Recent Consumer Updates
Browse by Audience
Updates and information for staying safe and healthy
Learn about other treatments, drug/device approvals, public meetings and more
For Health Professionals
Medical product safety information, adverse event/problem reporting and more
For Scientists & Researchers
NCTR, pediatrics, clinical trials, Critical Path Initiative, foods and veterinary medicine research, and more
Guidance, registration and listing, pay user fees, import programs and more
Perspectives from FDA Experts
February 7, 2019
Paving the Road to Produce Safety Rule Inspections