MedWatch, the FDA’s medical product safety reporting program for health professionals, patients and consumers.
MedWatch receives reports from the public and when appropriate, publishes safety alerts for FDA-regulated products such as:
- Prescription and over-the-counter medicines
- Biologics such as blood components, blood/plasma derivatives and gene therapies.
- Medical devices such as hearing aids breast pumps, and pacemakers.
- Combination products such as pre-filled drug syringe, metered-dose inhalers and nasal spray.
- Special nutritional products such as dietary supplements, medical foods and infant formulas.
- Cosmetics such as moisturizers, makeup, shampoos, hair dyes and tattoos.
- Food such as beverages and ingredients added to foods.
Other products that the FDA regulates such as tobacco products, vaccines and animal/livestock medicine and feed utilize different reporting pathways and it is recommended that reports concerning these products be submitted directly to the appropriate portals.