Freedom of Information
The 1996 amendments to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) mandate publicly accessible "electronic reading rooms" with agency FOIA response materials and other information routinely available to the public, with electronic search and indexing features.
Before submitting a FOIA request, please check to see if the information you are looking for is already available on FDA's Web site. You can use our search engine to help you find what you're looking for.
Visitors seeking to obtain records via the Public Reading Room are encouraged to call ahead (301-796-3900) and speak to a DFOI staff member to determine whether the records they are seeking are maintained in the Public Reading Room, available electronically, or would require the submission and processing of a Freedom of Information (FOI) Request.
If you wish to visit the FDA FOIA or Dockets Public Reading Room in person, it is located at:
- 5630 Fishers Lane Rm 1061, Rockville, MD 20857.
Hours of operation for both sites are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
FOIA Service Centers
- ACF - Administration for Children and Families
- AHRQ - Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- AOA - Administration on Aging
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CMS - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- HRSA - Health Resources and Services Administration
- IHS - Indian Health Service
- NIH - National Institutes of Health
- OIG - Office of Inspector General
- OS - Office of the Secretary
- PSC - Program Support Center
- SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration