MedWatch - your FDA gateway for clinically important safety information and reporting serious problems with human medical products
Safety Alerts for Human Medical Products (Drugs, Biologics, Medical Devices, Special Nutritional Products and Cosmetics)
MedWatch alerts provide timely new safety information on human drugs, medical devices, vaccines and other biologics, dietary supplements, and cosmetics. The alerts contain actionable information that may impact both treatment and diagnostic choices for healthcare professional and patient.
Reporting can be done through our online reporting portal or by downloading, completing and then submitting FDA Form 3500 (health professional) or 3500B (consumer/patient) to MedWatch:The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program.
|For Use By||Form|
Health Professionals, Patients, and Consumers
|Online Reporting Form|
Patients and Consumers
|Form FDA 3500B - Voluntary Reporting for Consumers (pdf)|
Denuncia Voluntaria del Consumer Formulario
|Formulario FDA 3500B (En Español)|
DailyMed (FDA/National Library of Medicine)
Comprehensive, up-to-date, look-up and download resource of medication content and labeling as found in medication package inserts
- Index to Drug-Specific Information
- Medication Guides: FDA-approved patient information for selected prescription drugs that pose a serious and significant public health concern
- Potential Signals of Serious Risks/New Safety Information Identified from the Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS): Drugs for which FDA has identified a potential safety issue, but not a causal relationship between the drug and the listed risk.
- Medication Errors
- Drug Shortages
- FDA Drug Info Rounds: Training videos for practicing clinical and community pharmacists.
Main FDA Information Telephone Number
Special Nutritional Products, Cosmetics and Foods/Beverages
Vaccines, Blood products, other Biologics
Animal Food, Drugs and Devices
- FDA Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS)
FAERS collects information about adverse events, medication errors and product problems that occur after the administration of approved drug and therapeutic biologic products. The FAERS website provides two methods to access the public extract of the FAERS data.
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
VAERS is a cooperative program for vaccine safety of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). VAERS collects information about adverse events that occur after the administration of U.S. licensed vaccines.
- Manufacturer and User Facility Device Experience Database (MAUDE)
Search database information of all voluntary reports since June, 1993, user facility reports since 1991, distributor reports since 1993, and manufacturer reports since August, 1996. (MDR Data files, 1992-1996)