Voluntary Reporting For use by Health Professionals, Consumers, and Patients
Reporting can be done through our online reporting portal or by downloading, completing and then submitting FDA Form 3500 (health professional) or 3500B (consumer/patient) to MedWatch:The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program,
Form FDA 3500B - Voluntary Reporting for Consumers
A consumer-friendly version of the 3500 reporting form.
Online Voluntary Reporting
Easy online reporting with a by Health Professionals and Consumers and Patients.
Form FDA 3500b - Denuncia Voluntaria del Consumidor FORMULARIO FDA 3500B (En Español).
Siga las instrucciones en el formulario para mandarlo por fax o enviarlo por correo.
Where to Report Other FDA Regulated Product Safety Information
Other products that the FDA regulates include Tobacco Products, Vaccines, and Animal Drugs, Devices and Food, including Pet Food. These products utilize different reporting pathways. It is recommended that reports concerning these products be submitted directly to the appropriate portals below.
- Tobacco, E-cigarettes or Vaping: Report problems or adverse health events and tobacco product problems to include problems with e-cigarettes (also known as “vapes”), e-liquids, heated tobacco products, cigarettes, roll-your-own cigarettes, cigars, little cigars, pipes, waterpipes (also known as hookah), chewing tobacco, snuff, or snus. Report issues to the Safety Reporting Portal.
- Vaccines: Report vaccine events to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
- Animal Drug, Device and Food Product Problems: To report problems with animal drugs, devices or foods, including pet foods, Report a Problem to the Center for Veterinary Medicine.
Note that submissions for these products through MedWatch will be accepted and directed to the correct.
Resources For You
- Join MedWatch Alerts E-list
- Reporting Unlawful Sales of Medical Products on the Internet
Windstone Medical Packaging dba Aligned Medical Solutions Issues Nationwide Recall of Cardinal Health’s Monoject™ Flush Prefilled Saline Syringes Placed Into the Following Kits; AMS-9041CP Leaderflex Insertion Kit With Ultrasound, AMS-9046CP-1 Insertion Tray-RX, AMS8939A Universal Procedure Pack w/S
artnaturals® Issues Voluntary Recall of Limited Batches of 8oz Bottles of Scent Free Hand Sanitizer Due to Presence of Impurities
Merck Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of CUBICIN® (Daptomycin for Injection) 500 mg, Lot 934778, Due to Presence of Particulate Matter Identified as Glass Particles