Welcome to CDERLearn, the web page for educational tutorials offered by the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. CDER's primary mission is to make certain that safe and effective drugs are available to the American people. There is, however, a strategic initiative to inform and educate people about the safe use of medicine, the drug regulatory process, the vital role health care professionals play to assist FDA in fulfilling its duties, and many other important issues. Online training is one way to share FDA expertise with many more people than face-to-face classroom sessions would allow, and we will offer additional CDER courses in the future.
- FDA Medwatch and Patient Safety
an online tutorial covering the MedWatch program goals of broadcasting safety information and encouraging adverse event reporting
- Drug Review and Related Activities in the United States. This course is no longer available; a new course is being developed.
- Field Investigators: Adverse Drug Effects (ADE) Investigators (2000)
- The FDA Process for Approving Generic Drugs Credit is no longer available for this course.
- An Introduction to the Improved FDA Prescription Drug Labeling
The primary audience for this course content is physicians, physician assistants, pharmacists, nurses, nurse practitioners, and dentists. Secondary audiences include other health practitioners who are interested in the revised prescription drug labeling.