FDA offers a variety of materials in multiple formats to help promote understanding of biosimilars and interchangeable products. Explore the available resources FDA has for a variety of audiences, including patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers.
- Biosimilars: What Patients with Diabetes Need to Know (PDF - 198 KB)
- Spanish (PDF - 194 KB)
Videos for Patients
- Biosimilar Medications — What Patients Need to Know
(YouTube | Duration: 3m 02s)
Read the FDA’s Consumer Update to learn more about biosimilars
- Overview of Biosimilar Products (PDF – 2.5 MB)
- Biosimilar Regulatory Review and Approval (PDF – 2 MB)
- Interchangeable Biological Products (PDF – 1.5 MB)
- Biosimilars: Are they the same quality? (PDF - 1.5 MB)
Biosimilar Medications – What Health Care Providers Need to Know
(YouTube | Duration: 1m 36s)
FDA Review and Approval Process for Biosimilar Medications
(YouTube | Duration 1m 57s)
(YouTube | Duration: 1m 35s)
Continuing Education Activities
These continuing education activities provide healthcare providers (doctors, nurses, physician associates, and pharmacists) with education and information they can use to inform treatment decisions and speak to their patients about biosimilars.
Please note: a Medscape login is required to access these activities.
- Biosimilars in the Real World: Perspectives for Staying Within the Scope of Care
- Biosimilars 101: A Primer for Your Practice
- Test Your Skill: Incorporating Biosimilars Into the Management of Patients With Immunological Conditions
- Putting the Patient Into Perspective: Strategies for Educating Patients About Biosimilars
Additional FDA Resources