Rogue online pharmacies offer potentially dangerous prescription drugs to U.S. consumers. FDA has issued warning letters informing the website operators that they are engaged in illegal activity in violation of the U.S. Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, including:
- offering for sale unapproved prescription drugs of unknown origin, safety, and effectiveness;
- offering prescription drugs without a prescription;
- offering prescription drugs without adequate directions for safe use; and
- offering prescription drugs without FDA-required warnings to consumers about the serious health risks associated with the prescription drug.
Buying prescription drugs from rogue online pharmacies can be dangerous, or even deadly. FDA recommends that consumers do not purchase prescription drugs from the websites listed below.
Learn how to buy prescription drugs safely over the internet with FDA's BeSafeRX campaign. A safe, legal internet pharmacy:
- always require a doctor’s prescription;
- has a physical address and telephone number in the United States;
- is licensed in the state(s) in which they are operating;
- Is licensed in all states in which they do business; and
- has a state-licensed pharmacist on staff to answer patient questions.
Questions? Email the FDA Internet Pharmacy Task Force at FDAInternetPharmacyTaskForce-CDER@fda.hhs.gov.
The websites listed in the warning letters below do not represent an all-inclusive list of illegally-operating online pharmacies.
|Warning Letters||Issue Date||Close-Out Letters|
|Global Drug Supply||December 2016|
|Steroid Bazaar||June 2016|
|Shop Anabolics||June 2016|
|Rx Partners||June 2015|
|Meds India Ltd||June 2015|
|Discount Online Pharmacy||February 2013|
|Secure Medical Inc.||February 2013|
|Sun Drug Store||February 2013|
|Big Mountain Drugs||February 2013|
|Pronet/Eyal Bar Oz||September 2012|
|Arkadiy Kisin/White Forest Solutions||September 2012|
|Marks Marine Pharmacy||August 2012|
|Best Price Rx||May 24, 2012||Best Price Rx Letter|
|Northwest Pharmacy||May 24, 2012||Northwest Pharmacy Letter|
|Galyna/Ivan Podornikova||September 2011|