FDA has tips that every college woman can use. Whether you are a campus leader, college health professional, or parent, use the resources on this webpage to connect young women to health and safety tips.
There are also free resources that are perfect for your health center, peer education program or sorority events.
- Medication Safety - Get tips on how to safely use vitamins, pain relievers, and more.
- Beauty - Test your knowledge on cosmetics and get other helpful tips.
- General Health - Learn how to deal with common health concerns.
- Sun Safety - Avoid the dangers of tanning.
- Reproductive Health - Learn the facts about HPV, HIV, and birth control.
- College Women's Digital Toolkit - Share health tips with your campus community.
- College Women's Campaign - Find out how your school can join. Sign up for email alerts.
Are you taking medicines for a cold, allergies, or sports injury? Learn ways to avoid common medication mistakes.
- NEW 3 Tips for Safe Medication Use on Campus
- NEW Birth Control Chart (En Español)
- Tips for Medication Safety
- Medication Tips Poster (PDF 289KB)
- Your Buzz can take Your Breath Away...Permanently
- Dietary Supplements: What You Need to Know
- Don't Double Up on Acetaminophen
- Allergy Meds Could Affect Your Driving
- Can a Dietary Supplement Treat a Concussion? No!
- Find Information on a Specific Drug
You do a lot every day to look your best. Use these resources to help you stay safe.
- Tips on Eye Make-Up and Other Cosmetics
- NEW How to Safely Use Nail Care Products (video)
- Quiz Yourself. Test your Knowledge on Cosmetics
- Bad Reaction to Cosmetics? Tell us!
- Know the Risks of Tattoos and Permanent Make-Up
- Think Before You Ink
- Contact Lens Care
Use these tips to help you talk to your doctor or nurse about your health problems.
- NEW 5 Health Tips College Women Need to Know
- Sleep Problems - 8 Tips for Better Sleep
- Quit Smoking Tips
- This Free Life - LGBT Smoking Cessation
Be safe in the sun. Plus, learn the facts about tanning.
- The ABC's of Sun Protection (video)
- Indoor Tanning: The Risks of UV Rays
- Indoor Tanning and Cancer Risk
Ask your doctor or nurse how to protect yourself.
Download the College Women’s Campaign Digital Toolkit and share health tips with your campus community. This toolkit includes social media content, blog posts, web content, and a printable flyer for you to share with your campus health center, sorority, or other community organizations.
- NEW Digital Toolkit (1,537 KB)
- “Health Tips for College Women” Social Media Image
- “Make Your Health a Priority” Social Media GIF
Join OWH and over 150 colleges and universities by spreading FDA resources on your campus. Campaign materials are easy to use at your community service events or with your peer health group.
Other Resources for College Students
- FDA on Pinterest
- 6 Ways to Start Fresh This Semester from Womenshealth.gov
- College Health and Safety - CDC
- College-Age & Young Adults - NIH National Institute on Drug Abuse
- College Health Information on Medline Plus
- MyPlate on Campus - Healthy Eating Tips for College Students
- Pathways to Federal Careers