1. Use Medications As Directed.
2. Do Not Share Prescription Medicines.
Know the danger signs to watch for. If a friend is overdosing, call 9-1-1.
3. Store Medicines Safely.
Encourage others to use medicines wisely.
- Get free fact sheets and posters to use in your campus outreach, peer education programs and sorority events.
- Use our College Women’s Social Media Kit for health and safety messages to share on your social media accounts and blog.
- Download the SAMHSA Behavioral Health Among College Students Information and Resource Kit. The kit focuses on the consequences of substance misuse among college students, including the misuse of prescription and over-the-counter drugs.
Did You Know?
Want more health and safety tips? Visit the College Women's Health webpage at
Resources For You
- A Recipe for Danger: Social Media Challenges Involving Medicines
- FDA warns about serious problems with high doses of the allergy medicine diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Join the National College Women's Campaign!
- 5 Health Tips College Women Need to Know
- Your Buzz can take Your Breath Away... Permanently
- Order free posters and fact sheets for your campus.
- College Women Social Media Toolkit