So, your doctor has prescribed a statin. FDA answers six common questions.
Learn about the FDA's role--and when to seek medical attention.
Learn about automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and how they are used.
Learn about two tests for early detection.
Navigate the For Consumers Section
Timely and easy-to-read articles for consumers covering FDA regulated products.Protect Yourself
Buying medicines online, health fraud, warnings and enforcement, safety alerts, and reporting problems to FDA
Recent Consumer Updates
- Controlling Cholesterol with Statins
- FDA-Approved Devices That Keep the Heart Beating
- How Devices in Public Places Can Restart Hearts
- Help The FDA Keep Kids from Using Tobacco
- Improving Your Odds for Cervical Health
- Is Rinsing Your Sinuses With Neti Pots Safe?
- What to Ask Your Doctor Before Taking Opioids