Consumers may find information they need about cosmetics anywhere on FDA's Cosmetics Web pages. We've highlighted the items below because they are quick-reference resources that consumers often request.
Special for Kids (and Grown-ups, Too!)
General Information on Cosmetics
- Video: FDA and Cosmetic Safety
- Cosmetics FAQs
- Using Cosmetics Safely
- Are Some Cosmetics Promising Too Much?
- Adverse Event Reporting--How to Report a Problem
- Consumer Updates--Cosmetics: Safety news and other health information for you and your family
Products and Ingredients Consumers Often Ask About
- Brazilian Blowout
- Hair Products: Dyes, relaxers, and more
- How Safe Are Color Additives? FDA Consumer Update
- Makeup: Eye products, lipstick, and more
- Tanning Products
- Tattoos and Permanent Makeup: Also includes temporary tattoos and henna (mehndi)
- More Resources on Product and Ingredient Safety
CFSAN Outreach and Information Center
5001 Campus Drive, HFS-009
College Park, MD 20740-3835
10 AM- 4 PM EST
Closed Thurs 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM EST
For Updates on Twitter follow
Here you'll find the latest news and information from FDA's Office of Cosmetics.