CBER carries out a wide range of compliance and surveillance activities during the "life cycle" of biological products, including:
- Conducting pre-license and pre-approval inspections of manufacturing facilities and products under clinical study.
- Monitoring the safety, purity and potency of biological products through review of:
- Biological Product Deviation Reports (BPDRs) and HCT/P Deviation Reports,
- Investigations into transfusion and donation related fatalities and other adverse events,
- Product recalls.
- Monitoring reports of biological product shortages.
- Initiating regulatory action to address non-compliance with FDA laws and regulations.
- Monitoring of research conducted on biological products and assessing the protection of the rights, safety, and welfare of human research subjects and the quality and integrity of research data.
- Monitoring import and export activities.
- Reviewing product advertising and promotional labeling.
Adverse Events and Product Deviations
- Biological Product Deviations
- Vaccine Adverse Events
- Biological Product Deviation Reports Annual Summaries
- Transfusion/Donation Fatalities
- Report a Problem to the Center for Biologics Evaluation & Research
- Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
- Recalls (Biologics)
Recalls from the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research
- Enforcement Reports
The FDA Enforcement Report is published weekly. It contains information on actions taken in connection with agency Regulatory activities.
- FDA 101: Product Recalls
FDA Consumer Update
Product Safety & Availability
- Safety & Availability (Biologics)
Recalls, Shortages, Biological Product Deviation Reporting, Adverse Event Reporting, HIV Home Test Kits
- CBER-Regulated Products: Shortages and Discontinuations
- Counterfeit Medicine
Regulatory Actions Issued by CBER
- Regulatory Actions Issued by CBER
- Search Warning Letters and Responses with Search Form
- BIMO/Team Biologics/Internet Surveillance/Other
- Untitled Letters Regarding Advertising & Promotional Labeling for Approved Biologics
Administrative Actions Issued By CBER
Office of Communication, Outreach and Development
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research
Food and Drug Administration
10903 New Hampshire Ave WO71-3103
Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002
White Oak Campus
10903 New Hampshire Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20993
For Updates on Twitter follow
The latest information from the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research.