FDA plays a pivotal role in translating scientific and technological breakthroughs into medical cures and new tools to ensure food safety. We do this by supporting novel approaches to developing and evaluating our regulated products.
But our efforts to speed safe and effective new treatments to people in need wouldn't be possible without our highly skilled scientists.
FDA issues our Scientific Achievement Awards each year to recognize our scientists who have made outstanding contributions to advancing regulatory science.
FDA gives 16 awards to both individuals and groups. All FDA scientists who have demonstrated exemplary performance in their assigned scientific duties are eligible. The individual or group is nominated for a completed body of work that was initiated and completed while the nominee was employed by FDA. Click on the links below to view the winners in those 16 award categories from 2009 to present.
Individual Award Recipients
- Excellence in Analytical Science 2009--Present
- Excellence in Laboratory Science 2009--Present
- Excellence in Review Science 2009--Present
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2013--Present
- Outstanding Junior Investigator 2009--Present
- Outstanding New Reviewer 2009--Present
- Outstanding Support Scientist 2009--Present
- Excellence in Social and Behavioral Science 2016--Present
Group Award Recipients
- Excellence in Analytical Science Group Award 2009-Present
- Excellence in Laboratory Science Group Award 2009--Present
- Excellence in Review Science Group Award: 2009--Present
- Outstanding Intercenter Scientific Collaboration Group Award 2009--Present
- Excellence in Social and Behavioral Science Group Award