Stay up to date on the latest news about FDA research, events, reports and more:
- Subscribe to What's New in Science and Research e-mail updates by entering your email in the box at the bottom of this page.
- Bookmark the FDA Grand Rounds web page.
FDA invites developers to showcase
their cutting-edge technologies to FDA scientists in
FDA Webinar Series on Alternative Methods
FDA's mission is to protect and advance public health by helping to speed innovations that provide our nation with safe and effective medical products and that keep our food safe. The Agency achieves this by applying the latest technology and science-based standards to the regulatory challenges presented by drugs, biologics (vaccines, blood products, cell and gene therapy products, and tissues), medical devices, food additives, and, since 2009, tobacco. > Read more
Research at FDA
Office of the Chief Scientist
Supports FDA's capacity to achieve its mission through managing extra- and intramural research funding programs such as the Advancing Regulatory Science and Innovation Broad Agency Announcement and the Centers of Excellence in Regulatory Science and Innovation. It also manages cross-agency scientific working groups that address scientific and technological advances affecting FDA-regulated products.
Animal and Veterinary
Research Areas, Publications
Research by FDA Staff to Evaluate and Enhance the Safety of Biologic Products
Research by FDA Staff to Evaluate and Enhance the Efficacy, Safety, and Quality of Drug Products
Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Applied Mechanics, Biology Chemistry and Materials Science, Biomedical Physics, Imaging Diagnostics and Software Reliability.
Research Priorities, Funded Research, Meetings and Conferences
Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Toxicology, Food Protection, Imaging, Nanotechnology
Women's Health Research
Funding available to researchers, Pregnancy initiatives, Outcomes of Science Program efforts
Minority Health Research
Funds research on medical conditions that disproportionately affect minorities
Resources For You
- Science Board to the Food and Drug Administration
- FDA-NIH Joint Leadership Council Charter
- Scientific Publications by FDA Staff
- Advancing Regulatory Science for Public Health (Printer-Friendly) (PDF - 731 KB)
- Meet the Faces behind FDA Science
- Healthy Innovation, Safer Families: FDA's 2018 Strategic Policy Roadmap (PDF - 276 KB)
- HHS Strategic Plan 2018-2022
- Don't miss the next FDA Grand Rounds
- Medical Countermeasures Initiative (MCMi)
- Advancing Regulatory Science
- Centers of Excellence in Regulatory Science and Innovation (CERSI)
- FDA's Predictive Toxicology Roadmap