Conversations on Cancer
Conversations on Cancer: Making Cancer Personal is an award-winning, trailblazing, dynamic OCE public panel discussion series examining cancer-related social issues with inclusive and diverse panel members from the U.S. and within the FDA.
Previous Conversations on Cancer have included discussions of cancer clinical trial and health care access in Native American, LGBTQ+, Latinx, Asian and Pacific Islander, and African American communities; the important role of oncology nursing; lung cancer in nonsmokers; and dialogue between the HIV and oncology communities.
OCE is grateful to all the Conversations on Cancer panelists and audience members for sharing their perspectives and experiences on a wide variety of topics related to cancer.
2022 Conversations on Cancer Information and Videos
Click the links below to view Conversations on Cancer information and watch videos or webcasts, where available.
- October 12, 2022: Conversations on Cancer: Highlights in Oncofertility: Trends in an Emerging Field for Cancer Survivors; Meeting Information; YouTube
- September 14, 2022: Conversations on Cancer: Cancer Moonshot in Action: Launching the Next Generation of Cancer Leaders; Meeting Information, YouTube
- July 27, 2022: Conversations on Cancer: "Clinical Trial Site Selection: Fact vs Fiction”; Meeting Information; YouTube video
- June 16, 2022: Conversations on Cancer: “National Black Family Cancer Awareness Week: Engaging the Generations”; Meeting Information; YouTube video
- May 10, 2022: Conversations on Cancer: “A Global Dialogue on Ovarian Cancer. Meeting Information; YouTube video
- March 10, 2022: More Isn’t Always Better: Understanding Cancer Treatment Tolerability Meeting Information. Meeting information; YouTube video
- February 9, 2022: Black History Month Program, Closing Gaps - Building Trust in Clinical Trials for Our Communities. Meeting Information; YouTube video
- December 13, 2021: 50 Years and Counting: Engaging the Generations on Future Cancer Equity Opportunities. Meeting Information; YouTube video
- October 6, 2021: Eliminate the Gap: Addressing Cancer Disparities in the US Latinx LGBTQ+ Community. Meeting Information; YouTube video (English and Spanish Closed Captions)
- September 16, 2021:The Future of Childhood Cancer Drug Development: Is the Sky the Limit? Meeting Information; YouTube video
- August 19, 2021: Finding Calm in the Storm: Moving Toward Physical and Emotional Wellbeing. Meeting Information; Zoom recording
- July 29, 2021: Advancing Equity in Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Communities: Racism and Injustice. Meeting Information; Zoom recording
- June 17, 2021: National Black Family Cancer Awareness Week: Engaging the Generations. Meeting Information; Zoom recording
- March 12, 2021: 365 Days and Counting COVID's Impact on the Oncology Community. Meeting Information
- February 18, 2021: Black History Month Panel Discussion, Living with Cancer While Black—Clinical Trial Barriers, Part 2. Meeting Information; Adobe Connect recording.
- November 19, 2020: Lung Cancer: It Can Happen to Anyone. Meeting Information; Adobe Connect recording.
- October 22, 2020: Building Connections Toward Native American Clinical Trial Participation. Meeting Information; Adobe Connect recording
- September 24, 2020: Latino Community: Achieving Equity in Cancer Clinical Trials. Meeting Information; Adobe Connect recording
- July 29, 2020: Living with Cancer While Black--Clinical Trial Barriers. Adobe Connect recording
- June 23, 2020: LBGTQ plus OCE: A Voice in Clinical Trials. Meeting Information; Adobe Connect recording
- May 19, 2020: OCE Salutes the Mosaic of Oncology Nursing. Adobe Connect recording
- February 6, 2020: OCE Black History Month Presentation, All Power to the Patient—Achieving Cancer Health Equity. YouTube video.
- January 7, 2020: A Dialogue with the HIV and Oncology Communities.
Connect With Us!
Do you have a Patient Inquiry for FDA?