Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Those who have symptoms should contact their health care provider to report their symptoms and receive care. For additional information, see CDC's What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Information, resources, and other items of interest for food industry members.
- New Era of Smarter Food Safety - A new approach to food safety, one that recognizes and builds on the progress made in the past but looks towards what processes and tools will be needed for the future
- Conversations with Experts on Food Topics - Question & Answer series with key leaders and experts at FDA on a variety of popular topics
- Producing a Food Product that is Regulated by FDA - If you are producing a food product, there is a good chance it is regulated by FDA
- Food Business Requirements - If you are thinking about opening a food business, there are many regulatory requirements that you will need to meet.
- Importation of Food and Cosmetics - Laws that apply equally to domestic and imported products.
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) - FSMA is transforming the nation’s food safety system by shifting the focus from responding to foodborne illness to preventing it
- Food Facility Registration
- Shell Egg Producer Registration
- Reportable Food Registry for Industry
- Establishment Registration & Process Filing for Acidified and Low-Acid Canned Foods (LACF)
- Infant Formula Registration & Submissions
- New Dietary Ingredient (NDI) Notification Electronic Submissions
- Structure/Function Claims Notification for Dietary Supplements
- Qualified Facility Attestation
- All FOOD Guidance for Industry Documents
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs)
- Small Businesses / Small Entity Compliance Guides
- Food Defense
- Color Additives
- Retail Food Protection
- Reportable Food Registry Annual Report
- Foreign Food Inspection Program
- Warning Letters
- Small Business Assistance
- CFSAN Training Videos
- Working at the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Reporting a Temporary Closure or Significantly Reduced Production by a Human Food Establishment and Requesting FDA Assistance During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
Temporary Policy Regarding Certain Food Labeling Requirements During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency: Minor Formulation Changes and Vending Machines
Temporary Policy During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Regarding the Qualified Exemption from the Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption
CFSAN Outreach and Information Center
5001 Campus Drive, HFS-009
College Park, MD 20740-3835
10 AM- 4 PM EST
Closed Thurs 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM EST
For Updates on Twitter follow
Get the latest info on food safety, outbreaks, recalls, nutrition, additives & supplements.