Information, resources, and other items of interest for food industry members.
- Conversations with Experts on Food Topics - Question & Answer series with key leaders and experts at FDA on a variety of popular topics.
- Producing a Food Product that is Regulated by FDA - If you are producing a food product, there is a good chance it is regulated by FDA.
- Food Business Requirements - If you are thinking about opening a food business, there are many regulatory requirements that you will need to meet. Some of these requirements apply to all food businesses, and some are specific to the particular food product, such as low-acid canned food, seafood, or juice.
- Importation of Food and Cosmetics - FDA is responsible for enforcing the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) and other laws which are designed to protect consumers' health, safety, and pocketbook. These laws apply equally to domestic and imported products.
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) - FSMA is transforming the nation’s food safety system by shifting the focus from responding to foodborne illness to preventing it. Congress enacted FSMA in response to dramatic changes in the global food system and in our understanding of foodborne illness and its consequences, including the realization that preventable foodborne illness is both a significant public health problem and a threat to the economic well-being of the food system.
- Food Facility Registration
- Shell Egg Producer Registration
- Reportable Food Registry for Industry
- Establishment Registration & Process Filing for Acidified and Low-Acid Canned Foods (LACF)
- Infant Formula Registration & Submissions
- New Dietary Ingredient (NDI) Notification Electronic Submissions
- Structure/Function Claims Notification for Dietary Supplements
- Qualified Facility Attestation
- All FOOD Guidance for Industry Documents
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs)
- Small Businesses / Small Entity Compliance Guides
- Food Defense
- Color Additives
- Retail Food Protection
- Reportable Food Registry Annual Report
- Foreign Food Inspection Program
- Warning Letters
- Small Business Assistance
- CFSAN Training Videos
- Working at the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Draft Guidance for Industry: Reducing Microbial Food Safety Hazards in the Production of Seed for Sprouting
Draft Guidance for Industry: Evaluating Alternate Curricula for the Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption
Guidance for Industry: Enforcement Policy for Entities Growing, Harvesting, Packing, or Holding Hops, Wine Grapes, Pulse Crops, and Almonds
CFSAN Outreach and Information Center
5001 Campus Drive, HFS-009
College Park, MD 20740-3835
10 AM- 4 PM EST
Closed Thurs 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM EST
For Updates on Twitter follow
Get the latest info on food safety, outbreaks, recalls, nutrition, additives & supplements.