Educator Tools from Moms to Be
As an educator, you play a vital role in delivering critical food safety information to moms-to-be. A great way to do that is to conduct a presentation! Everything you need is here in this easy, step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Get Acquainted with Message
Review the food safety background information in the Educator's Resource Guide (PDF - 3.8MB). To create awareness of the food safety message among pregnant women, display the printable Poster (PDF - 195KB) in a prominent location.
Step 2: Familiarize Yourself with Presentation
Your PowerPoint® Slides/Talking Points (PPT - 449KB) have already been done for you. Helpful talking points accompany each slide.
Step 3: Review and Print Handouts
You'll give out these important handouts to your audience at the end of your presentation.
- Food Safety At-A-Glance (PDF - 292 KB) - A fact sheet of important food safety reminders for pregnant women.
- Apply the Heat (PDF - 191KB) - A chart of proper cooking temperatures for foods.
- Refrigerator & Freezer Storage Chart (PDF - 22KB) - A chart of storage times for foods.
Step 4- Promote Your Presentation
Once you've reviewed your presentation, see A+ Tips for Your Presentation for ideas for promoting your presentation and getting pregnant women there! Use the customizable Flyer to publicize your event.
Good to Know - Just in Case
Here's additional background information to help you answer questions during your presentation or while you're working with pregnant women.
- Fast Facts - Up-to-date food safety facts and statistics relative to pregnant women.
- Foodborne Pathogens - A chart of the most common foodborne pathogens.