Seafood Exports to the European Union and China
U.S. exporters of seafood products to the European Union (EU) and China are subject to importing country listing requirements for manufacturers/processors as a precondition for market access.
Once listed, U.S. exporters may contact the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Seafood Inspection Program to request export certificates for U.S. seafood exports to the EU and China.
Additional information on the China Seafood Export List:
- Establishments may apply for the China seafood export list or update existing listing information via the Export Listing Module (ELM). Please visit Online Applications for Export Lists for a link to this electronic system and step-by-step instructions.
- Please be advised that the China Certification and Accreditation Administration (CNCA) requires that firms obtain third-party certification of compliance with Chinese laws and standards prior to being listed. For more information, please consult Establishing and Maintaining a List of U.S. Milk and Milk Product, Seafood, Infant Formula, and Formula for Young Children Manufacturers/Processors with Interest in Exporting to China: Guidance for Industry.
- All currently-listed establishments that wish to remain on the China seafood export list should provide evidence of third-party certification through the ELM by June 15, 2019.
- Establishments that wish to be newly added to the China seafood export list will also be able to upload evidence of third-party certification when they submit an application in the ELM. Once listed, applicants are required to reapply with FDA and submit a new third-party certification report every two years.
- Memorandum of Understanding between FDA and Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China Regarding Registration of U.S. Food Manufacturers Exporting to China
- Constituent Update: FDA Signs MOU with China to Outline Certification Process for Certain Exports
Additional information on the EU Seafood Export List:
- To apply for the EU seafood export list, please contact the FDA coordinator in your district. For more information, please see FDA Office of Regulatory Affairs Document FMD-16: Processing Requests for Inclusion on an FDA Fish and Fishery Products Export Health Certificate List
- Seafood Imports & Exports
- European Union (EU) Fish & Fishery Products Export Certificate List.