Seafood Export Lists
On this page:
Access the recording of the webinar A Demonstration of the Export Listing Module: Highlighting Best Practices for the Seafood
U.S. exports of seafood products to China, European Union (EU), Saudi Arabia, and the United Kingdom (UK) are subject to establishment listing requirements as a precondition for market access.
Establishments may apply for inclusion on these lists via the Export Listing Module (ELM). Please visit Online Applications for Export Lists for a link to this electronic system and step-by-step instructions. More information on specific export destinations is included below.
Once listed, U.S. establishments may contact National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Seafood Inspection Program to request export certificates for U.S. seafood exports to the EU and China.
Additional Information on Seafood Exports to China:
- Please be advised that China requires that establishments obtain third-party certification of compliance with Chinese laws and standards prior to being listed. For more information, please consult Establishing and Maintaining a List of U.S. Milk and Milk Product, Seafood, Infant Formula, and Formula for Young Children Manufacturers/Processors with Interest in Exporting to China: Guidance for Industry. Establishments that wish to be newly added to the China seafood export list may upload evidence of third-party certification in the "Additional Documents" section of their ELM application. Once listed, all establishments are required to reapply with FDA and submit a new third-party certification report every two years. Establishments that wish to be newly added to the China seafood export list will also be able to upload evidence of third-party certification when they submit an application in the ELM. Once listed, applicants are required to reapply with FDA and submit a new third-party certification report every two years.
- Memorandum of Understanding between FDA and Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China Regarding Registration of U.S. Food Manufacturers Exporting to China
- Constituent Update: FDA Signs MOU with China to Outline Certification Process for Certain Exports
- Food Export Lists | FDA
Additional Information on Seafood Exports to the EU:
- FDA generally sends updates for all export lists on a quarterly basis. Please be aware that the European Commission (EC) has a number of internal procedures to follow before the updates requested by FDA are published on the official list. There is usually a 10-week lag time between FDA's submission of updates and publication of the EC's official list. Please note that the EU will only accept export certificates signed after an establishment has been added to the list published on the EC website and the list has entered into force. Prior to exporting, industry should consult the EC's EU List of Approved Establishments to verify that the establishment from which they intend to export is listed.
Additional Information on Seafood Exports to Saudi Arabia:
Additional Information on Seafood Exports to the UK:
- Please note that FDA does not have a separate application process for the UK lists; establishments that wish to export to the UK should apply for the relevant EU list in the ELM.
- List of establishments eligible to export animal products to the UK
To view U.S. establishments eligible to export seafood products to the UK, filter by Country Name (United States), Sector (Food), and then Section (Section VIII Fishery products).