Proper Name: HIV-1 Group O and M, HIV-2, HCV and/or HBV (HIV-1/HIV-2/HCV/HBV/Multiplex Discriminatory NAT/pool testing)
Tradename: cobas MPX Test
Manufacturer: Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
- cobas® MPX, for use on cobas 6800 and cobas® 8800 Systems, is a qualitative in vitro nucleic acid test for the direct detection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Group M RNA, HIV-1 Group O RNA, Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 2 (HIV-2) RNA, Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) RNA, and Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) DNA in human plasma and serum.
- The cobas® MPX test simultaneously detects and discriminates for HIV, HCV, and HBV. The assay does not discriminate between HIV-1 Group M, HIV-1 Group O, and HIV-2.
- This test is intended for use to screen donor samples for HIV-1 Group M RNA, HCV RNA, and HBV DNA in plasma and serum samples from individual human donors, including donors of Whole Blood, blood components, Source Plasma and other living donors.
- This test is also intended for use to screen organ and tissue donors when donor samples are obtained while the donor's heart is still beating or from cadaveric (non-heart beating) donors. Plasma and serum from all donors may be screened as individual samples.
- For donations of whole blood and blood components, plasma and serum samples may be tested individually or plasma may be tested in pools comprised of not more than six individual samples.
- For donors of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells (HPCs) sourced from bone marrow, peripheral blood or cord blood, and for donors of donor lymphocytes for infusion (DLI), plasma may be tested in pools comprised of not more than six individual samples.
- For donations of source plasma, samples may be tested in pools comprised of not more than 96 individual samples. For all other donors, samples may only be screened as individual samples.