Science & Research (Biologics)
Research is fundamental to FDA's ability to provide effective regulatory review of biological products. A wide variety of rapidly evolving technical and scientific issues concerning the safety, potency, and efficacy of new biological products requires knowledge of new developments in basic research in the relevant biological disciplines.
For this reason, FDA scientists in our Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) conduct a variety of mission-related programs, including research into allergenics, blood, cellular and gene therapy, and vaccines, to name a few. This research broadens FDA's knowledge of fundamental biological processes and provides a robust scientific base for regulatory review.
In this Web section you will find information on some of the research programs conducted by CBER scientists and their published scientific articles.
CBER also offers research job opportunities in the form of research fellowships and staff positions.
Regulatory Science Research Publications
- Strategic Plan for Regulatory Science and Research 2012-2016
- Recent Scientific Publications: Biologics
- Innovation and Regulatory Science
Biologics Research Projects
- Allergenics Research
- Blood Research
- Tissue & Advanced Therapies Research
- Tissue Research
- Vaccines Research
- Science & Research
- Critical Path Initiative
- Jobs at the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER)
- NCI & FDA Interagency Oncology Task Force Joint Fellowship Training Program
- Resources for You
- Recalls & Alerts
- Approvals & Clearances