The Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) uses sound science and regulatory expertise to:
- Protect and improve public and individual health in the United States and, where feasible, globally;
- Facilitate the development, approval of, and access to safe and effective products and promising new technologies; and
- Strengthen CBER as a preeminent regulatory organization for biologics.
The mission of the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) is to ensure the safety, purity, potency, and effectiveness of biological products including vaccines, allergenics, blood and blood products, and cells, tissues, and gene therapies for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of human diseases, conditions, or injury. Through our mission, we also seek to protect the public against the threats of emerging infectious diseases and bioterrorism.
- Development & Approval Process (CBER)
- Guidance, Compliance & Regulatory Information (Biologics)
- Safety & Availability (Biologics)
- Science & Research (Biologics)
- Biologics Regulated Products