How to Report a Pet Food Complaint
You can report complaints about a pet food product electronically through the Safety Reporting Portal or you can call your state’s FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinators. When reporting, please include as much information as possible, including the specific product name, lot numbers, veterinarian's report and diagnosis, etc. Visit our How to Report a Pet Food Complaint page for more information.
How to report when your animal has a bad reaction to a drug the veterinarian prescribed
Veterinarians and animal owners are encouraged to report adverse drug experiences and suspected product failures to the government agency that regulates the product in question. Visit our How to Report Animal Drug Side Effects and Product Problems page for the information and forms that are needed to report adverse experiences with veterinary drugs.
Additional Product Information
- Questions and Answers: Evanger’s Dog and Cat Food
- FDA Investigates Animal Illnesses Linked to Jerky Pet Treats
- FDA Response to Citizen Petition on Arsenic-based Animal Drugs
- The Center for Veterinary Medicine Safe Food Facts: Storing, Handling and Using Animal Milk Replacer Products
- Questions and Answers regarding Carbadox
- The Cattle Estrous Cycle and FDA-Approved Animal Drugs to Control and Synchronize Estrus—A Resource for Producers
- Melamine Pet Food Recall of 2007
- Avoid Counterfeit Pesticide Products for Dogs and Cats