U.S. flag An official website of the United States government
  1. Home
  2. Animal & Veterinary
  3. Safety & Health
  4. Product Safety Information
  1. Safety & Health

Product Safety Information

How to Report a Pet Food Complaint

You can report complaints about a pet food product electronically through the Safety Reporting Portal or you can call your state’s FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinators. When reporting, please include as much information as possible, including the specific product name, lot numbers, veterinarian's report and diagnosis, etc. Visit our How to Report a Pet Food Complaint page for more information.

How to report when your animal has a bad reaction to a drug the veterinarian prescribed

Veterinarians and animal owners are encouraged to report adverse drug experiences and suspected product failures to the government agency that regulates the product in question. Visit our How to Report Animal Drug Side Effects and Product Problems page for the information and forms that are needed to report adverse experiences with veterinary drugs.

Additional Product Information