Letters to Veterinary Professionals
These pages contain safety information on products regulated by the FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM).
“Dear Veterinarian” Letters
Animal Cell-Based Products
- FDA issues letter to veterinarians on the development & use of animal cells, tissues, and cell- and tissue-based products (ACTPs)
- Dear Veterinarian Letter advising veterinarians to use Zycosan (pentosan polysulfate sodium injection) instead of unapproved drugs in their equine patients
- Dear Veterinarian Letter advising veterinarians of important safety conditions associated with the use of Bexacat (bexagliflozin tablets) for improving glycemic control in certain cats with diabetes mellitus
"Dear Aquaculture Professional" Letters
Letters to Pharmacy Professionals
- Dear Pharmacy Professional Letter advising pharmacies to dispense Zycosan (pentosan polysulfate sodium injection) instead of unapproved drugs for equine patients
Letters to Veterinary Schools
- FDA letter to universities on the development of animal cells, tissues, and cell- and tissue-based products (ACTPs)
- FDA’s Letter to Veterinary Schools regarding Animal Cell-Based Products
Older letters can be accessed through the FDA Archive.