Office of Training Education and Development (OTED)
- CC8029 Allergens
- FERN Website : this link will direct you to the public FERN website. To access the FERN Introduction Modules, please click on Read More and scroll down.
- Computer-Based Case Study: "Salmonella in the Caribbean"
- National Shellfish Sanitation Program Overview
- Shellfish Growing Areas
- Shellfish Plant Sanitation
For information on registration and other online courses
- State, Local and Tribal Regulators (These online courses are free for FDA, State, Local & Tribal Regulators)
- FDA Employees
If you are an FDA employee, you should obtain the most up-to-date information about training available to you from the Intranet OTED site.
You do not have to be logged in to the FDA network to access web-based courses on Compliancewire. If you already have log on information, you can access the courses at https://www.compliancewire.com/partners/fdaora.
If you do not have log on information:
- Personnel in ORA regions should contact your Regional Training Officer (RTO).
- Headquarters ORA and all Center personnel should email their request to OTED.
- Courses are presented tuition free and are open on a national and international1 basis. Travel and related costs are at the expense of the attendee’s agency.
- Information on the course registration process and other important stakeholder material can be found by visiting: Online Course Schedule for State, Local, and Tribal Partners.
- Current training schedules can be found on OTED’s Pathlore learning management system by visiting: https://orauportal.fda.gov.
- The sponsoring agency administers the registration process under the following general guidelines:
- Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
- Priority status will be given to regional attendees, as courses are nationally delivered on a regional basis.
- The current registration form must be submitted, and the current registration processes must be followed. Previous year registration forms are not accepted.
- Interested parties should choose a course location that is closest to their geographic location to avoid high travel costs.
- Courses are conducted by OTED in conjunction with the Office of State Cooperative Programs, FDA Center and Headquarters and the Independent Course Delivery (ICD) provider.
- Some courses have prerequisites and it is expected that participants registering for these courses have met the pre-course requirements or equivalent prior to submitting their registration form.
- CEU and OTED course certificates are provided to those course participants who:
- Attend the entire course
- Participate in all class activities, and
- Successfully complete the assessment tool(s) (exercises) that measure the participant’s attainment of course objectives.
1 International participants that want to attend a retail, milk, shellfish course can make a request to attend a course through the Training Officer or the state host.
Mission: The OTED Mission is to provide high quality learning opportunities through timely, cost-effective learning products that support FDA's mission and strategic goals and meets current training and development needs of ORA personnel, state and local regulatory officials, and other stakeholders.
What We Do: ORA’s Office of Training Education and Development (OTED) is responsible for the training and development of a 5,000+-member staff located in ORA's field and headquarters offices throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. In addition, OTED is responsible for providing training to state and local regulatory agency staff who are involved in the regulation of food, drugs, and other commodities regulated by FDA.