During natural disasters and other emergency situations, medical devices may be exposed to fluctuating power, contaminants, or unusual levels of heat or humidity. The pages in the list below give information about using medical devices during and following emergency situations due to hurricanes.
- Disposal of Contaminated Devices
- Reopening Dialysis Clinics after Restoration of Power and Water
- FDA Offers Tips about Medical Devices and Hurricane Disasters
- Medical Devices Requiring Refrigeration
- Medical Devices that Have Been Exposed to Heat and Humidity
- Tips for Mammography Facilities Following Natural Disasters or Severe Weather Conditions