HACCP & Managerial Control of Risk Factors
Managing retail food safety embodies the principles of HACCP at retail and active managerial control on the part of industry. Regulators also play a role in maintaining a food safety system in retail food establishments. Cooperatively, regulators and industry can work together to understand the perspective of each and account for the variety of food preparation and service needs found in retail food establishments - from the facility with minimal food service to very complex operations that serve hundreds to thousands of meals daily.
Specific information is provided to assist the regulator and industry in meeting the needs for providing safe food to the consumer.
- Managing Food Safety: A Manual for the Voluntary Use of HACCP Principles for Operators of Food Service and Retail Establishments
- Managing Food Safety: A Regulator's Manual For Applying HACCP Principles to Risk-based Retail and Food Service Inspections and Evaluating Voluntary Food Safety Management Systems
Information from FDA
- Fish and Fisheries Products Hazards and Controls Guidance
- Question and Answers for The Juice HACCP Regulation
- About HACCP - Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO)