Remarks on World Food Safety Day 2021 at National Environmental Health Association/Environmental Health Australia Event
Deputy Commissioner for Food Policy and Response, FDA
World Food Safety Day is June 7. The United Nations has declared this day to draw global attention to the health consequences of contaminated food and water.
Join FDA on World Food Safety Day as we spread the word about ways to reduce the risk of food poisoning.
- What steps can I take to avoid foodborne illnesses?
- How can I participate in World Food Safety Day?
- What is FDA’s role in food safety?
What steps can I take to avoid foodborne illnesses?
*Some groups of people are more “at risk” for foodborne illnesses than others.
How can I participate in World Food Safety Day?
- Spread the word about safe food practices.
- Share food safety messages from @FDAFood on Twitter and FDA on Facebook.
- Send a tweet: #DYK About 1 in 6 Americans get sick from foodborne illness each year. This #WorldFoodSafetyDay get the facts about food safety: www.fda.gov/food, via @FDAFood
- Use sample social media messages to promote food safety.
- Download and share printable educational materials
- Read the latest FDA food facts for consumers
What is FDA’s role in food safety?
FDA is responsible for promoting and protecting the public's health by ensuring that the nation's food supply is safe, sanitary, wholesome, and honestly labeled. Browse food safety topics.
FDA is looking to the future of food safety once again and taking steps to usher the United States into a new era of smarter food safety.