Human Drug Advisory Committees
Advisory committees provide FDA with independent opinions and recommendations from outside experts on applications to market new drugs, and on FDA policies. The marketing applications include data to show the safety and effectiveness of human drugs. The outside experts receive summary information about the applications and copies of FDA's review of the application documents. Based on this information, advisory committees may recommend approval or disapproval of a drug's marketing application. FDA generally follows an advisory committee's recommendation, but is not bound to do so.
- CDER Advisory Committee Staff
- Committee Membership Information on consumer, patient, and industry representatives
- FDA Advisory Committee Calendar Meeting information includes center, date, time and location, agenda, presentation procedures, contact persons, and links to Federal Register notices.
- FDA Advisory Committees
- Applying for Membership on FDA Advisory Committees
- Advisory Committee Calendar
- FDA Advisory Committee Information Line
- (301-443-0572 in the Washington DC area)
Please call the Information Line for up-to-date information on this meeting.