How do I register for the Symposium?
Please visit the 2023 FDA Digital Transformation Symposium webpage to register for the Symposium. Once registered, attendees will automatically have virtual access to the events on December 4, 5, and 6. In-person attendance capacity has been met. Going forward all attendees will be registered for virtual attendance only. The Symposium web page will be continuously updated with important information.
Is there a fee to attend the Symposium?
No, the event is free and open to the public from December 4-6, 2023. The final day of the Symposium, December 7, 2023, is reserved for FDA Employees and IT Contractors.
Are you accepting sponsorship for the event?
No, the FDA is not accepting any sponsorship for the event.
What will happen each day of the Symposium?
- December 4 - 5: The first two days of the Symposium will focus on FDA’s IT Strategic Plan for FY24 – 27 and the IT Operational Plan which will be released shortly before the Symposium. Presentations will dive deeper into ongoing and future implementation plans of the IT Strategic Plan.
- December 6 - Vendor Day: The third day will focus on IT Vendors. Anyone is welcome to attend. Presentations include: an overview by FDA’s Acquisitions Teams, a reverse industry day session hosted by Professional Services Council and National Contract Management Associated, Woodlawn Chapter, and an awards ceremony recognizing some of FDA’s current IT Vendors.
- December 7 - IT Vendor Exhibition: The final day will be an in-person exhibition featuring FDA IT Vendors and attended will be limited to FDA employees and contractors only. Vendors will discuss IT and business-related needs that are of interest to the FDA. The format will serve as an informal 'request for information' to exchange ideas and potential IT solutions.
How many people from our organization may register for the Symposium?
Due to limited space, we ask that you limit your organizations in-person attendance to two people. Please encourage additional members from your organization to attend virtually.
Will a vendor or attendee list be made available?
Can I obtain a certificate of attendance?
No, the 2023 Digital Transformation Symposium does not qualify as a continuing education course.
Where will the Symposium Event be hosted?
In-person attendance will be held at the following:
FDA White Oak campus
10903 New Hampshire Avenue
Building 31, Room 1503A (Great Room)
Silver Spring, MD 20993
Please go to FDA White Oak Campus parking information for visitors for FDA Campus location, parking, security, and travel information.
If I attend in person, what are the security requirements?
Please visit the White Oak Campus Access and Security webpage for additional information.
- All visitors will be escorted to Room 1503A (Great Room) after passing through a metal detector.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, we will contact you in November to obtain additional information. Visitors who are not U.S. citizens must follow additional procedures to be admitted to the FDA White Oak Campus.
Who do I contact with additional questions?
Please contact ODT-Events@fda.hhs.gov for additional information.
Can you tell me more about what will happen on Vendor Exhibition Day (December 7, 2023)?
The final day of the Symposium will be an in-person exhibition featuring FDA IT Vendors and attendance is limited to FDA employees and contractors only. Vendors will discuss IT and business-related needs that are of interest to the FDA. The format will serve as an informal 'request for information' to exchange ideas and potential IT solutions.
Registration for the IT Vendor Day is now closed, and vendor selection is under review. Vendors will be notified if selected.
We will continuously update the 2023 FDA Digital Transformation Symposium webpage as more information becomes available.
Who can attend the events on December 7th?
Attendance will be limited to existing FDA employees and contractors (registration is not required for FDA employees and contractors to attend this in person session).
What are the booth/space requirements and limitations?
- The space that each vendor may use will be approximately 10’x10’
- We will provide one 6’ long table and two chairs for each vendor (vendors are not allowed to bring their own tent, tables, or chairs)
- Vendors are allowed to bring their own tablecloths, standing banners, and other exhibition materials but please note that everything must go through an x-ray machine so please plan accordingly
- There is no access to power
How do we register for the IT Vendor Exhibit?
Additional information about registration will be provided on the 2023 FDA Digital Transformation Symposium website as soon as it is available.
Is there a fee to register for a Vendor booth?
Where will the Symposium Vendor Exhibit be hosted?
The IT Vendor Exhibit for the 2023 FDA Digital Transformation Symposium will be held on December 7, 2023, at the FDA White Oak Campus. Detailed information will be shared with vendors upon registration.
May we bring “giveaways” (e.g., pens, trinkets) to hand out?