The Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) oversees the implementation of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. Some of the Agency’s responsibilities under the law include setting performance standards, reviewing premarket applications for new and modified risk tobacco products, requiring new warning labels, and establishing and enforcing advertising and promotion restrictions.
Center Vision and Mission
Accomplishments and Budget
Key Areas of Focus
How to Work with Us
Navigate the Tobacco Products Section
- Products, Guidance and Regulations - Learn how to legally market a tobacco product. Find info on promotions and labeling.
- Compliance, Enforcement and Training - Regulatory documents, public comments, warning letters, and Tobacco Control Act
- Newsroom - Get the latest from FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), including press releases, fact sheets, and information on upcoming events, meetings, and conferences.
- Public Health Education - FDA's youth tobacco prevention campaigns, Public Health Information, Health Fraud.
- Science and Research - Research Priorities, Menthol, HPHCs
- Contact CTP
- Center for Tobacco Products
Food and Drug Administration
Document Control Center
10903 New Hampshire Avenue
Building 71, Room G335
Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002
- (9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Eastern) 1-877-CTP-1373 (1-877-287-1373)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/FDATobacco
- FDA Tobacco Education Resource Library: https://digitalmedia.hhs.gov/tobacco