On this page:
- What Topics Are Open for Comments?
- What Makes an Effective and Useful Comment?
- Information on Planned Upcoming Regulations
Make your voice heard and be part of our ongoing effort to improve public health in the United States.
FDA gathers information and comments, announced in the Federal Register and posted in dockets on Regulations.gov, from concerned citizens, industry, and organizations on a wide range of issues related to implementation of the Tobacco Control Act.
Modified Risk Tobacco Product Application: Renewal Applications for General Snus Smokeless Tobacco Products Submitted by Swedish Match U.S.A., Inc.
Docket No: FDA-2014-N-1051
Comment Period Open Date: 12/1/2023
Comment Period End Date: TBD
Summary: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA or agency) is announcing an opportunity to provide public comment on modified risk tobacco product applications (MRTPAs). The applications are for renewal of existing modified risk tobacco product (MRTP) orders for General Snus smokeless tobacco products submitted by Swedish Match U.S.A., Inc.
Our decisions are based on science and law. We look for logic, good science, and other evidence in the comments we evaluate.
- Provide a clear statement of whether you support or oppose the proposed rule or guidance.
- Include any of the following that support your position:
- Tips for submitting effective comments are on the regulations.gov website.
The FDA's Planned Regulations on the President’s Unified Agenda provides federal agencies with the opportunity to update the American public on our government’s regulatory priorities.