Products, Ingredients & Components
Tobacco use is the single largest preventable cause of disease and death in the United States. As part of its goal to improve public health and protect future generations from the risks of tobacco use, the FDA has extended its authority to cover all tobacco products. The fact that FDA regulates these tobacco products does not mean they are safe to use.
* In 2016, FDA finalized a rule, Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, to regulate these tobacco products. FDA has regulated cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and roll-your-own tobacco since 2009.
- FDA's Comprehensive Plan for Tobacco and Nicotine Regulation
- Submit Ingredient Listing for Tobacco Products
- Effective and Compliance Dates Applicable to Retailers, Manufacturers, Importers, and Distributors of Deemed Tobacco Products
- FDA's Deeming Regulations for E-Cigarettes, Cigars, and All Other Tobacco Products
- Selling Tobacco Products in Retail Stores
- Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act - An Overview
- Electronic Submissions for Tobacco Products