Informational Webinar on the Updated Food Defense Plan Builder
October 10, 2019
- October 10, 2019
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) held a webinar on October 10, 2019 to provide interested stakeholders with a brief demonstration of the updated Food Defense Plan Builder, which was released on September 19, 2019, and to answer questions about the tool.
The Intentional Adulteration (IA) rule under the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act requires the food industry to implement risk-reducing strategies for processes in food facilities that are significantly vulnerable to intentional adulteration. Food facilities covered by the rule are required to develop and implement a food defense plan that identifies vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies. The Food Defense Plan Builder v. 2.0 aligns with the requirements in the IA rule and can be used to easily create food defense plans that support compliance with the rule.
- Recording of the live webinar, including the question and answer session
- Pre-recorded in-depth demonstration of the Food Defense Plan Builder v2.0
- Welcome and Introductions
Janesia Robbs, Communication and Public Engagement Staff, CFSAN, FDA
- Food Defense Plan Builder Demo
Julia Guenther, Policy Analyst, Food Defense and Emergency Coordination Staff, CFSAN, FDA
Janesia Robbs, Communication and Public Engagement Staff, CFSAN, FDA (Moderator)
- Food Defense Plan Builder
- Protecting the Food Supply from Intentional Adulteration, Such as Acts of Terrorism
- Draft Guidance for Industry: Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration
- FSMA Final Rule on Intentional Adulteration
For general questions regarding the webinar, please contact Michael Kawczynski (Michael.Kawczynski@fda.hhs.gov).