Safe Use Initiative - Extramural Research
FDA Broad Agency Announcement for the Advanced Research and Development of Regulatory Science
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has an open, continuing announcement to solicit research and development in support of regulatory science and innovation. The Safe Use Initiative welcomes proposals to this announcement which support its mission and goal.
- Read the details of the solicitation announcement (FDABAA-19-00123)
- Please note - Priority Area 8: Strengthen Social and Behavioral Science to Promote Informed Decision-Making About FDA-Regulated Products
- Nurse Pain Educator Pilot Program (NPE) – NEMA Research, Inc.
- FDA Health Care Professional Communication Project – Summer Productions
- Integrated Clinical Decision Support System to Advance the Safe Use of Antibiotics – AZCERT, Inc.
- Pragmatic Risk Score for Severe Hypoglycemic Events – Kaiser Foundation Research Institute
- Optimizing the Use of Opioids Following Surgery – Kaiser Foundation Research Institute and Kaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research
- Safe Stimulant Medication Prescribing for Adult ADHD – American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Appearance and Performance Enhancing Substances Simulated Conversation for Health Professionals – The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- A Community Based Study of Adverse Effects of NSAIDS on the Kidney and Risk Mitigation to Reduce Preventable Harm – Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- High-Alert Medication Safety Self-Assessment for Hospitals and Targeted Risk Reduction Tool Development – Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP)
- National Standardization of Intravenous (IV) and Oral Liquid Medications – American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Identifying Best Practices for the Safe Use of Pediatric Cough and Cold Medications – New York University
- Educational Resource for the Effective Communication Between Health Care Professionals and Patients About Impairing Risks of Prescribed Medication in Relation to Driving – Traffic Injury Research Foundation (TIRF)
- Real-time Risk Stratification for Hypo- or Hyperglycemia to Enhance Glucose Management Outcomes in Hospitals – University of Florida