March 13, 2020
Phase One of the Economic and Trade Agreement signed by the United States and China on January 15, 2020, provides U.S. companies exporting certain animal foods [feed additives, premixes, and compound feed] with streamlined processes for Chinese registration and licensing to facilitate U.S. exports of animal food to China.
As described in Annex 12 of the Agreement, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will submit to the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (GACC) a list of animal food facilities from which China intends to allow imports of feed additives, premixes, or compound feed. Manufacturers of dried distillers grains (DDG) and dried distillers grains with solubles (DDGS) that are interested in exporting to China should contact USDA’s Export Verification Program, at EV.Export@usda.gov.
By no later than April 3, 2020, U.S. companies interested in exporting feed additives, premixes, or compound feed to China should provide to FDA the name(s) and address(es) of their registered facility/facilities, as well as permission for FDA to share that data with China’s GACC. For information about the FDA’s food facility registration process, see FDA Registration of Food Facilities and Other Submissions.
To have your facility considered for inclusion on the list of U.S. exporters that FDA will provide to China, email FDA at AskCVM@fda.hhs.gov and include all the following information:
- Email subject line: (Your Company’s Name): Facility Data for Export to China
- Permission statement (such as): I, (Your Name, Company Name, Company Title), grant permission to FDA to share with the government of China’s GACC, the name and address of the registered animal food facilities I have designated below, to facilitate access to the Chinese animal food market, as described in Annex 12 of the Economic and Trade Agreement between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the People’s Republic of China, from January 15, 2020.
- Individual facility data: For each registered facility you wish to include on the list, provide the facility name, street address, city, state, zip code. (Note: Information provided will be verified against the data in FDA’s FURLS Registration database before being included in the list for China.)
After completing this expedited effort to compile the first list of exporters to China, FDA intends to establish a process for firms to periodically opt-in in the future. FDA plans to communicate publicly with additional information on this process at a later date.
An agency may not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. OMB Approval Number: 0910-0884; OMB Expiration Date: 8/31/2020.
- FDA Registration of Food Facilities and Other Submissions
- Economic and Trade Agreement Between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the People’s Republic of China (January 15, 2020)
- Animal Feed Fact Sheet: Economic and Trade Agreement Between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the People’s Republic of China
Issued by FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine.
For questions, Contact CVM.