- October 4 - 6, 2021
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM ET
- Organized By:
GSRS21 – Virtual Conference
Title: 11th Annual Global Summit on Regulatory Science (GSRS21)
Question & Answer Sessions
Theme: Regulatory Sciences for Food/Drug Safety with
Real-World Data & Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Date: October 4-6, 2021
- Opening remarks by the FDA Acting Commissioner, Janet Woodcock.
- Two keynote presentations by government-agency senior leadership from US and EU
- Frank Yiannas (Deputy Commissioner for Food Policy and Response, FDA)
- Stephen Quest (General Director at Joint Research Center, EU)
- Platform presentations from scientists representing Brazil, Canada, EU, India, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, and US.
- A live debate on the topic, “Is Regulatory Science Ready for AI?”
- A special workshop to showcase data-science tools currently in regulatory use by FDA, European Medicines Agency (EMA), and Swissmedic.
Overview of GSRS21 Conference
3-Day Conference held 3 hours per day from 7-10 a.m. U.S. Central time.
Day 1─Monday, October 4: Digital Health and Safety
The program starts with opening remarks by Janet Woodcock (The FDA Acting Commissioner, US) and the keynote address by Frank Yiannas (FDA Deputy Commissioner, US), followed by six international speakers and LIVE Q & A. The program will end with a LIVE debate on the topic, “Is Regulatory Science Ready for AI?” where two debaters take one position of either “support” or “against” the motion and their position will be reversed in the next day’s debate on the same topic.
Day 2─Tuesday, October 5: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
The program starts with a keynote presentation by Stephen Quest (General Director at Joint Research Center, EU), followed by six international speakers and LIVE Q & A. The program will end with a LIVE debate on the same topic as yesterday – “Is Regulatory Science Ready for AI?” – except both debaters will argue the reversed positions compared to Day 1. The main event ends with closing remarks.
Day 3─Wednesday, October 6: Data Analytical Tools − for drug and food review by global regulatory agencies
The workshop will host the LIVE demonstration of data analytics tools by FDA, European Medicines Agency (EMA), and Swissmedic. These tools have been developed (or are being developed) to facilitate the regulatory application in the corresponding agencies.
Registration is free but required for this virtual conference. Register here.
For questions regarding meeting content please contact:
Dr. Weida Tong
GSRS21 Conference Coordinator
|DRAFT Program for the 11th Global Summit on Regulatory Science (GSRS21) Virtual Conference||pdf (1,006.87 KB)|