Stakeholder Engagement Staff
Major Functions and Responsibilities
FDA Stakeholder Engagement Staff has the responsibility in facilitating & supporting active engagement from external stakeholders as it relates to policy that impacts medical products, tobacco, food safety and nutrition to promote health and wellness.
A community in which all people reach their full potential for health and well-being.
Stakeholder Engagement Staff supports the FDA mission by building partnerships with Health Professional Organizations, Consumer Groups, Trade Associations, Patient Advocacy Organizations, Think Tanks and other external stakeholders.
The Stakeholder Engagement Staff resides within the Office of the Commissioner and falls under the Office of External Affairs. The Stakeholder Engagement Staff works closely with all FDA Centers, various Offices and other FDA stakeholder engagement staffs.
FDA Stakeholder Engagement Staff has the responsibility in “helping the public get accurate, science-based information they need to use medical products and foods to maintain and improve their health” by:
- Ensuring the Commissioner, and their staff, are up to date on external stakeholder priorities and organizational interests related to FDA’s mission, policies and priorities.
- Proactively engaging with external stakeholders on their key concerns related to current and pending policy.
- Providing internal coordination on FDA activities related to external stakeholders on high-priority topics such as imminent public health needs and other issues related to FDA’s priorities.
- Providing leadership and coordination of activities between FDA and other Federal agencies and to ensure effective communication regarding issues related to FDA policy.
- Serving as a focal point to coordinate public and private collaborations and partnerships to discuss regulatory topics of interest.
- Manage speaker requests for issues that cut across FDA's organizational and product lines, as well as major meetings that involve various FDA Centers and offices.
The Stakeholder Engagement Staff also serve as subject matter experts for MedWatch: The FDA safety information and adverse event reporting program by:
- Providing internal coordination and implementation on policies, programs, and initiatives related to MedWatch including the MedWatch web-pages, MedWatch Safety Alert Email-list and the MedWatch Twitter account.
- Preparing, reviewing, updating, and disseminating medical product safety alerts, recalls, statements and periodic safety labeling change summaries to external stakeholders.
Health Programs Coordinator
Health Programs Coordinator
Senior Program Specialist
- Stakeholder Engagement Staff
Office of External Affairs
Office of the Commissioner
Food and Drug Administration
10903 New Hampshire Ave WO32-5367
Silver Spring, MD 20993