The Stakeholder Engagement Staff resides within the Office of the Commissioner and falls under the Office of External Affairs. The Stakeholder Engagement Staff works closely with all FDA Centers and Offices across the entire Agency.
Our mission is to enhance stakeholder relations to ensure the public’s health is advanced and protected. We aim to build stronger relationships with health professional organizations, consumer groups, trade associations, patient advocacy organizations, think tanks/academia, and other stakeholders, in order to better inform our policy making process, identify policy hurdles or stakeholder misconceptions, and create strategic partnerships.
The FDA Stakeholder Engagement Staff serves as a liaison between stakeholder organizations and the general public to:
- Ensure the Commissioner and FDA leadership work with external stakeholders to address stakeholder policy priorities and initiatives, as well as Agency policy priorities.
- Plan and execute large engagements, public meetings and events with stakeholders on various topics of interest that align with Commissioner priorities.
- Manage speaker requests for issues that cut across the FDA's organizational and product lines, as well as major meetings that involve various FDA Centers and Offices.
- Responsible for MedWatch, the FDA’s safety information and adverse event reporting program, and the dissemination of medical product safety alerts, recalls, statements and periodic safety labeling change summaries to external stakeholders.
Meet the Stakeholder Engagement Staff
- Stakeholder Engagement Staff
Office of External Affairs
Office of the Commissioner
Food and Drug Administration
10903 New Hampshire Ave WO32-5367
Silver Spring, MD 20993