Mathematical Statistician Careers at CDER
Work for the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER)
What do Mathematical Statisticians do at CDER?
The duties of a Mathematical Statistician at CDER differ by office. Opportunities may include:
- Evaluating and advising on protocols for clinical studies and assessing the evidence for safety and efficacy from clinical studies submitted in drug and biologics applications.
- Employing a broad variety of statistical procedures relevant to pre-clinical and clinical evaluation decisions for new and generic drugs as well as new and biosimilar biologics and the emerging fields of quantitative risk assessment and pharmacogenomics.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams of review scientists in a dynamic, highly challenging, and innovative atmosphere of development, evaluation, and research of drugs and therapeutic biologics.
- Interacting with national, international, public, and private organizations on statistical issues and helping to develop guidance for the pharmaceutical industry.
Related positions include:
How can I find a Mathematical Statistician position at CDER?
Available CDER positions are listed on USAJOBS and under the FDA 21st Century Cures Act Hiring Authority.
- Search USAJOBS by Keyword: CDER. You can filter your search by Agency: Food and Drug Administration and Series: 1529 - Mathematical Statistics.
- Visit We Are Hiring | FDA to find a current listing of opportunities utilizing the FDA 21st Century Cures Act Hiring Authority.
Where can I learn more about careers at the FDA?
For general information on working at the FDA and additional employment opportunities, visit: Jobs and Training at FDA.