The Office of Infectious Diseases (OID) consists of three review divisions: The Division of Anti-Infectives (DAI), the Division of Antivirals (DAV), and the Division of Pharm/Tox for Infectious Diseases (DPT-ID). The Immediate office oversees the development, review, and regulation of applications as well as issues related to toxicology for drug and biologic products reviewed in these divisions.
Director: John Farley, M.D., MPH
Deputy Director: Adam Sherwat, M.D. (Acting)
Associate Director for Research: Thushi Amini, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Regulatory Science: Sunita Shukla, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Director of Project Management Staff: Maureen Dillon-Parker (Acting)
Division of Anti-Infective (DAI)
Director: Sumathi Nambiar, M.D., M.P.H.
Deputy Director: Dmitri Iarikov, M.D., Ph.D.
Chiefs of Project Management Staff: Maureen Dillon-Parker and Carmen DeBellas
Division of Antiviral (DAV)
Director: Debra Birnkrant, M.D.
Deputy Director: Jeffery Murray, M.D., M.P.H
Chief of Project Management Staff: Karen Winestock
Overview of research needs, requests for information (RFIs), public workshops/meetings, opportunities for collaboration, externally awarded research studies, and other important research.
Food and Drug Administration
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
Office of Infectious Diseases
10903 New Hampshire Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20993
Phone: (301) 796-1300
Fax: (301) 796-9887
Resources For You
- OID Regulatory Science Activities
- Regulators in EU, Japan and US Take Steps to Converge on Approaches to Development of New Antibacterial Drugs
- FDA-Recognized Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test Interpretive Criteria
- Antimicrobial Resistance Information for Consumers and Health Professionals
- Tropical Disease Priority Review Voucher Program
- OID Research Activities
- February 2018 HHS Report to Congress on Generating Antibiotic Incentives Now (GAIN)