Who We Are
The Division of Biomedical Physics (DBP) within CDRH’s Office of Science and Engineering Laboratories (OSEL). DBP helps drive the FDA mission by performing best in the world regulatory science on the biophysical interactions between medical devices and the human body.
What We Do
The Division focuses on issues related to the following areas:
- Advanced Patient Monitoring and Control
- AR/VR – Extended Reality (XR)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)/ Machine Learning
- Credibility Assessment in Modeling
- Digital Pathology
- Electromagnetic and Electrical Safety
- Laser Therapeutics
- Medical Imaging and Diagnostics
- Post Market Signal Response
The technical disciplines of the Division’s staff include physics, mathematics, biophysics, chemistry, neuroscience, optics, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and systems and general engineering.
For specific phone numbers and email, see the CDRH Management Directory by Organization.