FDA and EPA have issued advice regarding eating fish. This advice is geared toward helping women who are pregnant or may become pregnant - as well as breastfeeding mothers and parents of young children - make informed choices when it comes to fish that is healthy and safe to eat.
The advice includes a chart that makes it easier than ever to choose dozens of healthy and safe options, and a set of frequently asked questions & answers.
We have developed the following resources to help you:
- Text Version of the Advice Chart - Includes a sortable table of the fish categories, seen in the chart, that lets you sort by fish name or fish category
- Materials to Print, Post, Share - Print-Friendly Material for consumers, health professionals and industry
- Supporting Scientific Documents - Peer Reviews, Assessments, and other Supporting Technical Documents
FDA encourages consumers, health professionals, educators, and retailers to print, post, and share the Fish Advice chart.
We have provided print-friendly downloads for your convenience.
- Technical Information on Development of Final Updated Advice About Eating Fish
- FDA and EPA’s Response to External Peer Review on the FDA-EPA’s Technical Information (PDF - 124KB)
- External Peer Review Report of FDA-EPA’s Technical Information (PDF - 507KB)
- Related Risk Assessment
- Peer Review of the Risk Assessment
- Response to Public Comment on the Draft Updated Advice About Eating Fish (PDF - 269KB)
View the Draft of the Advice (PDF - 274KB) that was released for commenting in June 2014.