Estrogenic Activity Database (EADB)
EADB overview, access, citations, and contact information
NCTR has developed an Estrogenic Activity Database (EADB) and made it openly available. EADB assembles a comprehensive set of estrogenic activity data from a variety of data sources and is a component of the enhanced Endocrine Disruptors Knowledge Base (EDKB). It contains 18,114 estrogenic-activity data points collected for 8,212 chemicals tested in 1,284 binding assays, reporter-gene assays, cell-proliferation assays, and in-vivo assays in 11 different species. EADB has a set of database functions for searching chemicals and estrogenic activity data, browsing the database, and exporting data.
To access the web-based EADB, click here:
- Please contact NCTRBioinformaticsSupport@fda.hhs.gov if you need assistance with any problem.
- EADB: An Estrogenic Activity Database for Assessing Potential Endocrine Activity.
Shen J., Xu L., Fang H., Richard A.M., Bray D.B., Judson R.S., Zhou G., Colatsky T.J., Aungst J.L., Teng C., Harris S.C., Ge W., Dai S.Y., Su Z., Jacobs A.C., Harrouk W., Perkins R., Tong W., and Hong H.
Toxicological Science. 2013, 135(2), 277-291.
- Versatility or Promiscuity: The Estrogen Receptors, Control of Ligand Selectivity and an Update on Subtype Selective Ligands.
Ng H.W., Perkins R., Tong W., and Hong H.
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2014, 11(9):8709-8742.
- Competitive Molecular Docking Model for Predicting Estrogen Receptor Agonists and Antagonists.
Ng H.W., Zhang W., Shu M., Luo H., Ge W., Perkins R., Tong W., and Hong H.
BMC Bioinformatics. 2014, 14(11), S4.doi: 10.1186/1471-2105-15-S11-S4. Epub 2014 Oct 21.
NCTRBioinformaticsSupport@fda.hhs.gov if you have any problems running the application, have any suggestions to improve the software, or to report technical issues.
All Other Questions or Suggestions
Huixiao Hong, Ph.D., Bioinformatics Branch, Division of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, FDA/NCTR, at 870-543-7296 or by email@example.com.
Resources For You
- Endocrine Disruptor Knowledge Base
- About the National Center for Toxicological Research
- Bioinformatics Tools
- Get Email Updates for NCTR