If you are currently experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
For emergencies involving FDA regulated products
Call FDA's emergency number: 1-866-300-4374 or 301-796-8240. It is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Examples of when to Call FDA’s emergency number:
- You are a medical professional requesting approval for the use of an emergency investigational new drug or biologic
- When a government agent acting in an official capacity needs to notify FDA about an urgent matter
- To report an emergency involving an FDA employee or an FDA employee's family member
- You or someone you are with is currently having a non-life threatening adverse reaction to an FDA-regulated product that requires immediate reporting
For Non-Emergencies visit How to Report a Non-Emergency
- MedWatch: The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program
- Get Email Updates
- What Happens to Problem Reports?
- FDA Patient Safety News Video Broadcasts