The FDA posts summaries of information about the most serious medical device recalls. These products are on the list because there is a reasonable chance that they could cause serious health problems or death.
Use the yearly lists to find information about Class I medical device recalls and some Class II and III recalls of interest to patients. The links give details about what to do if you own or use one of these products. If you wish to find information on a recall, or a correction or removal action that has not yet been classified, you can search the Medical Device Recalls Database.
Please note that the FDA lists medical device recall notices by the date that it posts the recall rather than the recall initiation date. You can find the date that a firm initiated a recall in the text of the recall notice
Learn more about medical device recalls here.
- What is a Medical Device Recall?
- Recalls Database
- MedWatch: The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program
- FDA 101: Product Recalls
- 2017 Medical Device Recalls (Archived)
- 2016 Medical Device Recalls (Archived)
- 2015 Medical Device Recalls (Archived)
- 2014 Medical Device Recalls (Archived)
- 2013 Medical Device Recalls (Archived)