This page provides important information about FDA-regulated medical products commonly used in the home including home use tests.
- Home Healthcare Medical Devices: A Checklist (PDF version)
- Blood Glucose Meters - Getting the Most Out of Your Meter (PDF version)
- Infusion Pumps - Understanding Pumps and Infusion Pump Improvement Initiative
- Infusion Therapy - Getting the Most Out of Your Pump (PDF version)
- Hearing Aids
- Contact Lenses
Home Use Tests
Home use tests allow you to test for some diseases or conditions in the privacy of your own home. These tests are cost-effective, quick, and confidential. Home use tests can help:
- detect possible health conditions when you have no symptoms, so that you can get early treatment and lower your chance of developing later complications (such as cholesterol testing, hepatitis testing).
- detect specific conditions when there are no signs so that you can take immediate action (such as pregnancy testing).
- monitor conditions to allow frequent changes in treatment (such as glucose testing to monitor blood sugar levels in diabetes).
More About Home Use Tests
- Home Use Tests
- Find All FDA-Approved Home and Lab Tests
- How You Can Get the Best Results With Home Use Tests
- How You Can Know If FDA Regulates an Over-The-Counter Test