Labelers of all classes of medical devices currently marketed in the United States may obtain a GUDID account.
Device labelers must complete all steps in Prepare for GUDID before they request a GUDID account.
Step 1: Submit Your New GUDID Account Inquiry
- Change your email's filter settings to allow emails from GUDIDsupport@fda.hhs.gov and email@example.com so that you will receive future communications from the UDI Help Desk.
- Submit information to initiate a GUDID New Account Inquiry:
Step 2: Complete the GUDID New Account Request
After you submit the GUDID New Account inquiry, the FDA UDI Help Desk will email you the GUDID New Account Request document in a fillable PDF format.
If you do not receive an immediate reply in your inbox, check your spam or junk folder. If the email was sent to your spam or junk folder, adjust your email filters as noted in Step 1.1.
- Open the GUDID New Account Request document in Adobe Acrobat.
- Complete all fields in the document and save the PDF file.
- Reply to the FDA UDI Help Desk email with the completed PDF attached. A UDI Help Desk analyst will review your request and respond as soon as possible.
For all technical questions relating to setting up or accessing your GUDID account, please contact the FDA UDI Help Desk.