ISO 11240 Units of Measurement specifies rules for the usage and coded representation of units of measurement for exchanging information about quantitative medicinal product characteristics such as dosage strength.
The Unified Code for Units of Measure (UCUM) is the ISO 11240 compliant standard. FDA receives submissions, for example, that use the UCUM syntax standard for dosage strength in both content of product labeling and drug establishment registration and drug listing.
- Medicinal Product Identification (MPID)
- Pharmaceutical Product Identifier (PhPID)
- Substance Identification (SubID)
- Dosage Form and Routes of Administration (DF & RoA)
- Units of Measurement (UoM)